Today and yesterday I started production lining some simple 3 tiered skirts from some Angelina Ballerina fabric I have had for yonks.
I have cut out enough for four skirts - sizes 2, 3, 4 and 5. I nearly reconsidered the smaller sizes but I checked if Issy (aged a very grown up six) still liked Angelina and she said "yeah not really". A little piece of me died inside :)
A larger piece of me nearly karked it when I experienced the ultimate panic of my 0 foot for my Bernina being missing. MUCH frantic searching and swearing ensured.
It had fallen kind of down the side of the foot case to make me look stupid for looking everywhere else.
These skirts are pretty simple. I serged the strips together, plus top and bottom of the top and bottom tier. Then gathered each layer to match the one above and serged them on. The top is folded over at the line of overlocking / serging and then over enough to make the elastic casing.
The bottom hem is turned up at the serging and then folded over again and topstitched down.
I worked out the most simple formula I could for cutting - with the top tier being fabric width (about 40"), the second tier being 1 1/2" inches and the bottom tier being two widths. I think it could stand more, but they are just to sell at the fair, I have no idea if anyone will buy them so don't want to put heaps of effort in, and this made cutting easy.
I only finished the size 2 tonight, but have the other tiers serged and ready to gather and attach. They are pretty cute for a quickie effort :)